Mom make this about once a year. I remember the delicate texture (not that a child cares about that) and the rich flavor (which a child does care about!).
- 8 oz cream cheese, warmed to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 oz pkg lemon gelatin, 1 cup boiling water added & cooled
- 1 (#303) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can Pet evaporated milk, chilled & whipped
- 1 package Graham crackers
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp nutmeg
Cream sugar & cheese together; add pineapple & gelatin. Fold whipped Pet milk into mixture. Crush Graham crackers; add 2 Tbsp sugar & nutmeg. Line 9″ x 13″ pan with half of cracker mixture, pour filling in, then top with remaining cracker mixture. Refrigerate overnight.