From the 1995 KLO dinner — France
- 1-1/2 x 16 oz pkg frozen, unsweetened boysenberries or blackberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 5 Tbsp créme de cassis liqueur
- additional créme de cassis liqueur (optional)
- fresh mint sprigs (optional)
Puree thawed berries in a blender or processor. Strain through a fine sieve set over a bowl, pressing firmly on the solids with the back of a spoon.
Combine sugar and water in a heavy medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Stir sugar syrup and 5 Tbsp cassis into the berry puree. Chill berry mixture. Transfer berry mixture to ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer to a covered container and freeze.
Scoop sorbet into bowls. If desired, drizzle with more cassis and garnish with the mint. Makes 8 servings.